Sectional Proposal Submissions
Welcome. There is a four-step process to successfully submit your session proposal. For instructions, please see the list below. Final deadlines for submissions are indicated in each meeting listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to sign in with your AMS account after clicking 'Begin a Submission.'
Setting Up an AMS Web Account
You do not have to be a member to have an AMS web account. It is free and is used for online business transactions with the AMS. The link to register for a web account or update a web account is here
. You can also find it at the top right-hand corner on most AMS web pages under "Sign in." (See the AMS Home Page
as an example.) Select "Register for a web account" to create an account or "Your account" to update it.
After you have signed in, proceed with submitting your proposal.
Steps and Instructions:
- Here is where you select the subject classification (MSC code) that best fits your session proposal.
- Select the most appropriate subject from the list.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
- Title: Enter your title in plain text, the limit is 200 characters. Spaces and punctuation are counted.
- Submitter's Email: The email address of the AMS account you logged in with will populate here. This cannot be changed. A link back to your submission will be sent to this email when you save the title step.
- Description: You are limited to 1500 characters (including spaces and punctuation.)
- Search by email or last name to see if the person you want to add is already in the database.
- If they are not, you will have the opportunity to add their information and add them to your submission.
- One organizer is required in the "People" field and it must include their full name, affiliation, and email address.
- This information will be posted so they can be contacted by presenters that are interested in a session.
- This person will also be the primary contact for AMS staff regarding this session.
- Listing co-organizers will be at the option of the organizer. If included, their information must include their full name, affiliation, and email address.
- This information will not be posted and will only be used by internal staff, if needed.
- A list of Potential Speakers is required.
- Here you can preview the information you have entered.
- When the 'Conclude Submission' button is clicked, an email will be sent to the submitters email confirming receipt of the submission.
- Your session proposal is *not* submitted until you click the 'Submit' button.
- You will still be able to edit your submission until the deadline.
- During the submission process, you will proceed through one step at a time, only able to advance to the next step once all required information has been entered.
- Steps are color coded in a bar along the top of your screen.
- Steps that are orange with white text and a check mark are complete. You can go back to them at any time by clicking on the label.
- Please complete the full process for each proposal you are submitting.
For help in submitting an proposal online via email, Contact technical support.
Or call 401-334-0220 Monday - Friday, 8:30AM - 6PM Eastern.
Select a 'Begin a Submission' button below to get started.